Friday, August 1, 2008

Random Thoughts

I was just posting on the kids blogs and was thinking how lucky we are. I was worried to have Kayden. Kaycee was excited when he was still in my stomach but I was worried that it would ware off as soon as he was born. He adores her and she loves him. She has been my sanity, for once! Just kidding. She is a good girl, just VERY active. She is able to calm him down when I am busy and he gets fussy. She loves to help bathe him, dress him and get him ready for the day. I love how she loves to sing and read to him and he just stares at her with a huge grin.

I can't believe that my little girl is already 3. The time flies by so fast. Sometimes when I'm tired and not thinking I call Kayden a she, meaning Kaycee, and then I realize what I did. There are times that he looks just like her and I think that it is her.

We are headed to Utah, again, this weekend. I am excited because Isaac has been on nights, 10PM until who knows when the next morning. I think one time he came home around 9AM, other times it has been as late as 11:30AM. So, he sleeps all day and we hardly see him. It is hard to keep the kids quiet so we spend most of the time outside and my house is a wreck because i can't clean it, unless I stay up till 4AM like I have done, but it gets destroyed two seconds later. It will be nice to let Kaycee just run around Grandma and Grandpa Bott's backyard and let her play with cousins. She has been pretty good about being quiet and she needs to let it out. We play outside but I still think it is difficult for a three year old to be quiet for long periods. Poor thing! A few times between sleeping he has been able to take her to go see and feed the ducks. Then they have gone for ice-cream. She loves it. She is going to like being able to spend more quality time with her dad while in Utah. Well, at least for a week, then he is off to St. Louis to present his research. This year is going to just get more crazy!

1 comment:

Tarah said...

I'm glad you are able to visit family, and I'm sorry about the night rotation, I know how much it stinks. Sorry we weren't around so you could crash at our place...I knew I should have left our keys with you! Dan is extremely thankful for everything you helped us with today, by the way. Thanks again!